Engineering Leadership Through High Growth and High Change
CTO & Co-Founder, MongoDB
The Right Amount of Process to Scale Your Engineering Team
CTO , Grubhub
Building Highly Distributed Teams
Head of Directions, Mapbox
Setting Your Team Up For Failure
SVP Technology, Nasdaq
The Nasdaq Financial Framework transformation
Establishing a Management Cadence
Fully Distributed & Asynchronous: Building Eventually-Coordinated Teams That Ship
Senior Director, Dow Jones
Is your team built to be effective?
What I learned From Not Running 100 Miles
VP Engineering, WeWork
Breaking Codes, Designing Jets, and Building Teams
Director of Engineering, CircleCI
Better Communication for Stronger Teams
CTO, Fresnel Research
Seventeen things that have bitten us but shouldn’t have
Director of Engineering, Backend, Mode Analytics
Run Engineering Meetings Using Improv Skills
Engineering Leader Coach and Consultant, Magnetic Inc.
Your Hiring Pipeline is a Product
Director of Engineering, Flatiron
Growing a Platform Team
Standing on the Shoulder of Giants - Adapting Existing Technologies for Speed and Credibility
Refactoring Trust on Your Team
Improving Diversity in Tech by Transforming CS Education at Colleges
VP Engineering, Komodo Health
How to Receive Feedback
Founder & CEO, Stride Consulting
How to Retain Developers. And When To Let Them Go.
As always, the summit is a single track, full day (8am-7.30pm) event which will be comprised of 20 presentations by senior engineering leaders - each 20 minutes in length - along with plenty of breaks for networking.
- 08:00 AM Registration/Breakfast
- 08:25 AM Kickoff by host Peter Bell, founder CTO Connection
- 08:30 AM Welcome to the Nasdaq Mike O'Rourke, SVP Nasdaq
- 08:40 AM The Right Amount of Process to Scale Your Engineering Team Eliot Horowitz, CTO & Co-Founder MongoDB
- 09:00 AM Building Highly Distributed Teams Maria Belousova, CTO Grubhub
- 09:20 AM Establishing a Management Cadence Michael Boufford, CTO Greenhouse
- 09:40 AM Seventeen things that have bitten us but shouldn’t have Bjorn Freeman-Benson, CTO Fresnel Research
- 10:00 AM Break (40 mins)
- 10:40 AM Engineering Leadership Through High Growth and High Change Yvette Pasqua, CTO Meetup
- 11:00 AM The Nasdaq Financial Framework transformation Angie Ruan, SVP Technology Nasdaq
- 11:20 AM Refactoring Trust on Your Team Rebecca Miller-Webster, CTO DevMynd
- 11:40 AM Setting Your Team Up For Failure Johnny Austin, Head of Directions Mapbox
- 12:00 PM Lunch (1 hr)
- 01:00 PM Is your team built to be effective? Mona Soni, Senior Director Dow Jones
- 01:20 PM What I learned From Not Running 100 Miles Edith Harbaugh, CEO LaunchDarkly
- 01:40 PM Better Communication for Stronger Teams Lena Reinhard, Director of Engineering CircleCI
- 02:00 PM Improving Diversity in Tech by Transforming CS Education at Colleges Michael Ellison, CEO CodePath.org
- 02:20 PM Break (20 mins)
- 02:40 PM Growing a Platform Team Stacy Gorelik, Director of Engineering Flatiron
- 03:00 PM How to Receive Feedback Jean Barmash, VP Engineering Komodo Health
- 03:20 PM Run Engineering Meetings Using Improv Skills Ushashi Chakraborty, Director of Engineering, Backend Mode Analytics
- 03:40 PM Your Hiring Pipeline is a Product Kwame Thomison, Engineering Leader Coach and Consultant Magnetic Inc.
- 04:00 PM Break (30 mins)
- 04:30 PM How to Retain Developers. And When To Let Them Go. Debbie Madden, Founder & CEO Stride Consulting
- 04:50 PM Standing on the Shoulder of Giants - Adapting Existing Technologies for Speed and Credibility James Kenigsberg, CTO 2U
- 05:10 PM Fully Distributed & Asynchronous: Building Eventually-Coordinated Teams That Ship Andrew Montalenti, CTO Parse.ly
- 05:30 PM Breaking Codes, Designing Jets, and Building Teams Randy Shoup, VP Engineering WeWork
- 05:50 PM Closing
- 06:00 PM Networking & Drinks
At Flatiron School, our mission is to align education with reality. Through our intensive software engineering & data science programs, our students go from passionate learners to productive programmers. Interested in hiring & engaging with our alumni? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our Employer Partnerships team!
iTechArt, a software development company, helps VC-backed startups and fast-growing tech companies build successful, scalable products that users love. With more than 1000 brilliant minds available, iTechArt is able to meet any unique technology or software development need. Our forte is agile dedicated teams who rock in Web, Mobile, Big Data, QA & Testing, and DevOps. Check our website or reviews on Clutch.co to learn more.
Velocity by Code Climate improves the effectiveness of your engineering org by increasing visibility and communication using data.
Schedule a complimentary 20 minute Data Coaching session with our team at summit.
Learn how your teams compare to others in the industry and within your engineering organization.
Andela builds high-performing, distributed engineering teams with Africa’s top software developers. In four years, Andela has been ranked the “Best Place to Work in Africa,” hiring just 1,000 developers out of more than 100,000 applicants. Andela developers work as full-time engineering team members from our tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth tech startups like Gusto and Github.
CodeStream helps Engineering Managers and CTOs reduce the impact of developer turnover and on-boarding time by capturing, organizing, and sharing knowledge gathered through everyday communications and interactions between developers, without disrupting existing workflows. CodeStream, a Y-Combinator backed company, was founded in 2017 by a team that has worked together for over 20 years, and has built several successful companies including Commissioner.com (sold to CBS Sports), Multiply (sold to Naspers), Glip (sold to RingCentral) and Ask.com (sold to IAC). Investors include S28 Capital and PJC.
LaunchDarkly is the feature management platform that software teams use to build better software, faster. Development teams use feature management as a best practice to separate code deployments from feature releases. With LaunchDarkly teams control their entire feature lifecycles from concept to launch to value.
Many thanks to RainforestQA for organizing and sponsoring the Speakers Dinner! Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. Discover problems that affect the customer experience before code hits production, and do it at the speed of continuous delivery.
4 Times Sq,
New York NY, United States 10036