What to do when you witness a Code of Conduct violation?
- Who? Could you see the names of the people involved? Was it a speaker, attendee, service person, organizer, crew?
- Where? In a session hall? In the foyer? At a partner booth? ...
- When? The approximate time of the behavior
- What were the circumstances that led to the incident?
- Verbal violation ("bad jokes", discrediting, ...)
- Visual violation (slide in the talk, T-Shirt with an inappropriate print...)
- Inappropriate physical interaction (violence of any kind)
Report a Violation
The Purpose of the Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct does not exist because we expect to deal with any such problems. On the contrary, it exists to help give attendees confidence that they are attending an event where high standards of behavior are the norm, where everyone is aware of those standards, and that something will be done should it fall short. By signaling inclusivity and diversity as values we expect the conference to uphold, the Code of Conduct helps guarantee that the event will indeed be inclusive and embrace diversity.