Director of Egineering, Games, The New York Times
How We've Scaled Our Hiring Process
Building an Open Source Engineering Brand
Deployless environments and live values: what it really means to work in production
VP Engineering, Indeed
I Don’t Read Books: Guiding Principles for Building a Leadership Style
Director of Engineering, Mode Analytics
Run Engineering Meetings Using Improv Skills
Raising the bar - Using your interview process as a competitive edge
VP Products, Square Root
Narrowing the gap between engineers and customers
CPO/CTO, Keller Williams
AI: from art to engineering
Beyond Diversity & Inclusion 101: Intersectionality and Systemic Change
Engineering Lead, Indeed
I Built a Front-End Team and You Shouldn't Too
Sara Inés Calderón
React Native Lead, Musx
How to Onboard Junior Devs Without Slowing Down Production
Independent Advisor and IBM Fellow, IBM
How to be happily acquired: Thoughts from an experienced buyer
Juan Pablo Buritica
VP Engineering, splice.com
Building Distributed Systems of People
This years summit is a single track, full day event which is comprised of 15+ presentations by senior engineering leaders.
- 08:00 AM Registration/Breakfast
- 08:50 AM Doors Open - Welcome + Thanks Douglas Ferguson, founder Voltage Control
- 09:00 AM 9 Whys Douglas Ferguson, founder Voltage Control
- 09:20 AM How We've Scaled Our Hiring Process Allison McHenry, Director of Egineering, Games The New York Times
- 09:40 AM Deployless environments and live values: what it really means to work in production Ellen Chisa, Cofounder/CEO Dark
- 10:00 AM Building Distributed Systems of People Juan Pablo Buritica, VP Engineering splice.com
- 10:20 AM 15 min break
- 10:35 AM Raising the bar - Using your interview process as a competitive edge Vivek Sagi, CTO RetailMeNot
- 10:55 AM Run Engineering Meetings Using Improv Skills Ushashi Chakraborty, Director of Engineering Mode Analytics
- 11:15 AM I Don’t Read Books: Guiding Principles for Building a Leadership Style Jack Humphrey, VP Engineering Indeed
- 11:35 AM 1-2-4 All - Table Discussions Have you learned anything that you would like to see your team consider tomorrow?
- 11:55 AM 80 min Lunch
- 01:15 PM Narrowing the gap between engineers and customers Sarah Kampman, VP Products Square Root
- 01:35 PM How to be happily acquired: Thoughts from an experienced buyer Jim Colson, Independent Advisor and IBM Fellow IBM
- 01:55 PM Beyond Diversity & Inclusion 101: Intersectionality and Systemic Change Heidi Williams, CTO/Cofounder tEQuitable
- 02:15 PM 15 min break
- 02:30 PM I Built a Front-End Team and You Shouldn't Too Rebecca Murphey, Engineering Lead Indeed
- 02:50 PM Accidental Cybersecurity Marcus Carey, Founder Threatcare
- 03:10 PM Building an Open Source Engineering Brand Daniel Doubrovkine, CTO Artsy
- 03:30 PM 1-2-4 All - Table Discussions How can we best measure engineering teams in a way that is integrated with business objectives?
- 03:50 PM 15 min break
- 04:05 PM How to Onboard Junior Devs Without Slowing Down Production Sara Inés Calderón, React Native Lead Musx
- 04:25 PM AI: from art to engineering Neil Dholakia, CPO/CTO Keller Williams
- 04:45 PM 40 min 25/10 Crowdsourcing What did you like about the summit today? What would you change?
- 05:25 PM Reception
Indeed Prime is the platform that connects tech talent to leading brands and startups. With 1000s of vetted tech candidates across 90+ markets and time-saving tools for both candidates that are interviewing and companies that are hiring. And with an 80% response rate, companies can strike up meaningful conversations with top-fit candidates quickly.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 138,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Jira Ops, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
Andela builds distributed engineering teams with Africa’s top software developers. We handle talent assessment, onboarding, and continuous improvement. You get back to building.
We’re an established, transnational technical recruiter — here to listen, advise and ultimately, to help organizations perform better. We believe in being open and transparent with clients and candidates, only putting the right people forward for the right job, saving everyone concerned time, hassle and money.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry best practice of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”).
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. We help you standardize across environments, develop cloud-native applications, and integrate, automate, secure, and manage complex environments with award-winning support, training, and consulting services.
701 Brazos St.,
Austin TX, United States 78701