If you are technical and manage engineers, learn from and connect with your peers at The 2017 San Francisco CTO Summit.
Whether you're an engineering manager, VPE or CTO, at this full day, single track summit you'll learn the latest tricks other companies are using to successfully build and run engineering teams.
Whether you want to hire smarter, refine your culture, improve your processes, manage more effectively or adopt better engineering practices or architectures, the CTO Summits are designed to help you to learn from top practitioners and to share experiences with your peers.
Former Engineering Director, Uber
CTO, Circle CI
VP Engineering, Heroku/Salesforce
VP Engineering, WeWork
VP Engineering, Yahoo! Inc.
Former Director of Engineering, Slack
Software Engineer II, Uber
CTO, Eloquent Labs
SVP, Head of Technology and Engineering, Blurb
Managing Director, Oxford Tech Consulting and The Concepts Lab
CTO, Layered Insight
This years summit is a single track, full day event comprised of twenty short 20 minute presentations by senior engineering leaders.
- 08:00 AM Registration/Breakfast
- 08:50 AM Kickoff by host Peter Bell, founder CTO Connection/cofounder CTO School
- 09:00 AM The Awkward Adolescence of an Engineering Team Robert Zuber, CTO Circle CI
- 09:20 AM Observability and the Glorious Future (and Inglorious Past) Charity Majors, Cofounder Honeycomb
- 09:40 AM The Rise of our Robot Overlords Bjorn Freeman-Benson, CTO InVision
- 10:00 AM Getting acquired, lessons learned Francois Richard, VP Engineering Yahoo! Inc.
- 10:20 AM Break (30 mins)
- 10:50 AM When Are You? Managing Engineering Across Multiple Time Zones On Freund, VP Engineering WeWork
- 11:10 AM The Twelve Factors of QA Russell Smith, CTO RainforestQA
- 11:30 AM Re-architecture and Tech Debt: When do you take the leap to microservices? Rohini Pradeep, SVP, Head of Technology and Engineering Blurb
- 11:50 AM Tech and Inclusion. Why So Difficult? Leslie Miley, Former Director of Engineering Slack
- 12:10 PM CTB: Chief Technology Bot as Assistant for CTOs Yi Zhang, CTO Rulai
- 12:30 PM Lunch (1 hr)
- 01:30 PM Startups, software development & the art of bicycle maintenance Edith Harbaugh, cofounder LaunchDarkly
- 01:50 PM How to merge UX and Lean Market Tests with Software Development and Continuous Delivery Bev May, Managing Director Oxford Tech Consulting and The Concepts Lab
- 02:10 PM How do I ally? Aimee Lucido, Software Engineer II Uber
- 02:30 PM Small Data: practical machine learning for startups Gabor Angeli, CTO Eloquent Labs
- 02:50 PM Break (40 mins)
- 03:30 PM Your Culture Story: How epic story telling during onboarding builds stronger culture than 'corporate values' Cathy Polinsky, CTO StitchFix
- 03:50 PM Embracing AI at a startup Sowmiya Chocka Narayanan, CTO LilyApp
- 04:10 PM Your first five technical hires Adam Dill, Cofounder DailyDrip
- 04:30 PM Break (40 mins)
- 05:10 PM Building Organizations that Scale Jason Warner, VP Engineering Heroku/Salesforce
- 05:30 PM From Web to Chatbots and Conversational UI: A Journey Alex Sopinka, CTO Tasytt
- 05:50 PM Securing Containers for Startups John Kinsella, CTO Layered Insight
- 06:10 PM Building a Self-Driving Team Raffi Krikorian, Former Engineering Director Uber
- 06:30 PM Closing
- 06:40 PM Networking & Drinks
- 08:00 PM End of Event
222 Mason St,
San Francisco CA, United States 94102