Bias in AI and the Science of Diversity
How Managers Can Spark New Leaders
Senior Director, Slack
Leading Infrastructure Teams
Manufacturing High Performance
SVP Engineering, Under Armour
The Art of Storytelling: Help your Non-technical Colleagues Understand Engineering!
CTO & Cofounder, Markov Corporation
Transitioning Control: What I Wish I Knew Before we Hired our VP of Engineering
CTO & Founder, Nylas
What I've Learned from Building a Gender-Diverse Engineering Team
Head of Directions, Mapbox
The Myth of the 10x Engineer
Beyond Inclusion 101: Intersectionality and Systemic Change
VP Engineering, Auth0
Build a Distributed Engineering Team at Scale (and Live to Tell the Tale)
Director of Engineering, Mode Analytics
Run Engineering Meetings Using Improv Skills
How to Protect Your Sensitive Data. Really.
Senior Engineering Manager, Google
Open Source for a Rousing Good Enterprise
CTO Software, IOT Cloud, Cisco
Congratulations - BigCo is Buying Your Company! Now What?
Engineering Manager, GitHub
How to Create Emotionally Intelligent Engineering Teams
Interim VP Engineering, Ron Lichty Consulting
Critical Practices, Nuanced Techniques
VP, Intersection Co
Turning Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt into Positivity, Inclusivity and Courage
VP of Engineering, Ciitizen
Design of Engineering Teams and Processes and Architecture to Build a Data Platform
Senior Director, ML, Workday
Building ML Capabilities without compromising on Ethics
Founder, The Clover Group
Technical Due Diligence - What Investors Really Care About
This years summit is a single track, full day event which is comprised of 20 presentations by senior engineering leaders. We start at 9am (breakfast and registration from 8am). The content finishes by 6.40pm and then we have drinks and networking until 8pm.
- 08:00 AM Registration/Breakfast
- 09:00 AM Kickoff by host Peter Bell, founder CTO Connection
- 09:10 AM Bias in AI and the Science of Diversity Rebecca Parsons, CTO ThoughtWorks
- 09:30 AM Congratulations - BigCo is Buying Your Company! Now What? Amit Gupta, CTO Software, IOT Cloud Cisco
- 09:50 AM Run Engineering Meetings Using Improv Skills Ushashi Chakraborty, Director of Engineering Mode Analytics
- 10:10 AM The Myth of the 10x Engineer Johnny Austin, Head of Directions Mapbox
- 10:30 AM 40 min break
- 11:10 AM How to Protect Your Sensitive Data. Really. Arshad Noor, CTO StrongKey
- 11:30 AM What I've Learned from Building a Gender-Diverse Engineering Team Christine Spang, CTO & Founder Nylas
- 11:50 AM Building ML Capabilities without compromising on Ethics Madhura Dudhgaonkar, Senior Director, ML Workday
- 12:10 PM Critical Practices, Nuanced Techniques Ron Lichty, Interim VP Engineering Ron Lichty Consulting
- 12:30 PM Lunch (1 hr)
- 01:30 PM Leading Infrastructure Teams Julia Grace, Senior Director Slack
- 01:50 PM Turning Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt into Positivity, Inclusivity and Courage Leslie Borrell, VP Intersection Co
- 02:10 PM Design of Engineering Teams and Processes and Architecture to Build a Data Platform Peeyush Rai, VP of Engineering Ciitizen
- 02:30 PM Build a Distributed Engineering Team at Scale (and Live to Tell the Tale) Christian McCarrick, VP Engineering Auth0
- 02:50 PM Break (20 mins)
- 03:10 PM Open Source for a Rousing Good Enterprise Tara Hernandez, Senior Engineering Manager Google
- 03:30 PM Transitioning Control: What I Wish I Knew Before we Hired our VP of Engineering Arvind Pereira, CTO & Cofounder Markov Corporation
- 03:50 PM How to Create Emotionally Intelligent Engineering Teams Danielle Leong, Engineering Manager GitHub
- 04:10 PM Technical Due Diligence - What Investors Really Care About Jason Mongue, Founder The Clover Group
- 04:30 PM Break (40 mins)
- 05:10 PM The Art of Storytelling: Help your Non-technical Colleagues Understand Engineering! Ann Funai, SVP Engineering Under Armour
- 05:30 PM Manufacturing High Performance Casey Rosenthal, CTO Verica.io
- 05:50 PM Beyond Inclusion 101: Intersectionality and Systemic Change Heidi Williams, CTO tEQuitable
- 06:10 PM How Managers Can Spark New Leaders Nick Caldwell, CPO Looker
- 06:30 PM Closing
- 06:40 PM Networking & Drinks
iTechArt, a custom software development company, helps VC-backed startups and fast-growing tech companies build successful, scalable products that users love. We pulled together more than 1300 world-class engineers to meet any unique technology or software development need. iTechArt provides senior-level dedicated teams that are well-versed in web, mobile, big data, QA & testing, and DevOps. Driven by passion, our team is all about helping you change the game in your industry. Check our website or reviews on Clutch.co to learn more.
Flatiron School, a WeWork company, is a global campus for lifelong learners looking to change their life and career. The school trains students in Software Engineering, Data Science, and UX/UI Design through a combination of in-person and online classes. Cohorts are both highly selective and diverse to inspire creative problem solving and collaboration. Flatiron School’s graduates help address the growing demand for tech talent. Grads have gone on to work at companies like Apple, Google and Facebook. Today, the school has campuses in New York, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Denver, and London.
‘After four years of iteration, we’ve reimagined the coding bootcamp model to give Flatiron students an entirely holistic software engineering education – from programming to product to Computer Science. It’s about more than teaching a skill. Our goal is to prepare the tech talent of tomorrow for a lifelong career they’ll truly love.’ - Avi Flombaum, Co-Founder & Dean
LaunchDarkly is the feature management platform that software teams use to build better software, faster. Development teams use feature management as a best practice to separate code deployments from feature releases. With LaunchDarkly teams control their entire feature lifecycles from concept to launch to value.
Andela builds high-performing, distributed engineering teams with Africa’s top software developers. In four years, Andela has been ranked the “Best Place to Work in Africa,” hiring just 1,000 developers out of more than 100,000 applicants. Andela developers work as full-time engineering team members from our tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth tech startups like Gusto and Github.
CodeStream helps Engineering Managers and CTOs reduce the impact of developer turnover and on-boarding time by capturing, organizing, and sharing knowledge gathered through everyday communications and interactions between developers, without disrupting existing workflows. CodeStream, a Y-Combinator backed company, was founded in 2017 by a team that has worked together for over 20 years, and has built several successful companies including Commissioner.com (sold to CBS Sports), Multiply (sold to Naspers), Glip (sold to RingCentral) and Ask.com (sold to IAC). Investors include S28 Capital and PJC.
Many thanks to Rainforest for organizing and sponsoring the Speakers Dinner! Rainforest provides a complete solution to level up your QA process, from strategy and test design to execution and reporting. Our platform allows you to maintain fast release cycles without sacrificing quality.
Humio's live observability platform enables data aggregation, exploration, reporting and analysis from a range of sources ingesting massive volumes of log data instantly and is deployable on any infrastructure including both in the Cloud and On-Premises. The purpose-built, innovative data storage and in-memory search/query engine technologies provide developers, security teams and operations managers a cost-competitive log management and analysis solution, all while requiring significantly less hardware and engineering resources. Visit humio.com to learn more.
Heimdall Data is a transparent Database Proxy improving SQL read/write performance for your existing database (e.g. Amazon RDS, Aurora, Redshift, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres etc.). Features include SQL auto-caching and invalidation, read/write splits for better use of read replicas, connection pooling, and database firewalling. Deployment requires zero application changes. Download a free trial.
511 Harrison Street,
San Francisco CA, United States 94105